Hot fudge cake is a rich, chocolate dessert everyone seems to love. Best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of Baking Cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 3/4 Cup of Hot Water
- Vanilla Ice Cream, optional
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons of cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix. Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Spread in an ungreased 9" square pan. In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar (I use a mix of brown and white) and remaining cocoa then sprinkle over batter. Pour the hot water over the top, do not stir. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
To make a 9" x 13" pan (cake pan size), simply double the recipe.
Popularity: 2% [?]