With Spring and Summer coming, I wanted to share this Fruit Platter Pizza recipe that we enjoy.
Ingredients for crust:
- 1 (8oz) Package Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Ingredients for topping:
- 1 (12oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (160z) can pineapple slices
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 16oz can sliced peaches
- Any other fruit, such as grapes, kiwi, etc., sliced
- Glaze with 1/2 cup Apricot preserves, (optional)
Use your choice of fruit. Combine cake mix, water, egg, butter and brown sugar. Mix thoroughly. Fold in nuts, if using. Spread batter onto heavily greased and floured 12 in. pizza pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla well. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Arrange fruits in a circular pattern over cream cheese. Heat apricot preserves with 2 Tablespoons of water until preserves are melted. Remove from heat and cool. Brush glaze over fruits. Cool all and cut into pie shaped wedges. Refrigerate until serving time.
I hope you like this recipe and if you have another version, please feel free to share it in the comments section. I love to see different variations. Enjoy!
Popularity: 2% [?]